*Warning: Long Post*
On Friday Andy and I drove to St. Louis to celebrate our first year anniversary. Yeah! One year :) We checked into our bed and breakfast around 1:30 or so. Then, we took a nap. We left around 4pm to go into town so we could catch our dinner cruise. We left early thinking that we could get there early and take a look at the arch museum. That was not to be. We finally pulled into the parking area a little after 6:00 pm. We walked through a huge crowd of people. There was an outdoor concert right in front of the steps up to the arch. A free concert -and it was packed. We had problems finding our tickets, but they let us on the dinner boat anyway. We met a great couple that ate beside us. After the little cruise, we watched fireworks on the dock and then drove back to the B&B. Andy read me the last chapter of The Horse and His Boy (part of the Chronicles of Narnia) and then we fell asleep.

Saturday we woke up and ate an amazing breakfast (candlelight and soft music, the whole thing). We drove to Kirkwood and saw Barb and Grandma for a very short time, and the we visited the City Museum -a very interesting (and fun) place. We started on our way home Saturday afternoon. We stopped at Archiver's (a scrapbooking store) and ate at Boston Market.
Sunday morning we woke up early, anticipating our first time as Sunday School teachers. The morning went off fairly well. We talked about our German missionaries and learned "God is so Good" in German. Sunday night we went to church to say good bye to Pastor Andy and Elizabeth Martin. He was the youth pastor, but now they are leaving to serve in Tampa. It's quite a lot farther from both of their families. There was a lot of crying from everyone, but I believe there is a sense of peace at the church about their leaving.

Monday morning we woke up and met the Terry's at their house. We left from there and headed to Holiday World. It was a little more crowded than I had excepted (since we went on a Monday) but it was a lot of fun. We rode roller coasters and played in the water park. All that, and I didn't even get sunburned. And then Monday night my throat started hurting...and I didn't sleep well that night, and Tuesday morning it was worse and my whole body ached...and I couldn't breathe very well and it was hard to sleep...and then at 3pm I finally gave in and called in sick to work...and then Tuesday night I couldn't sleep (even after I took some OTC medicine)...and then Wednesday morning I woke up after a very restless night's sleep and felt worse. So, today I went to the doctor. And that is what I've been doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment