Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Mainely Driving
Well, we estimated that we spent about 60 hours in the car over about 3000 miles. That's a lot of together time, but it was great. Along the way we read part of Prince Caspian (from the Chronicles of Narnia) and the book of Acts. I looked and looked for a Moose, but I didn't see one. The land was beautiful, and it was actually quite refreshing to wake up in the tent to hear the animals and see the sun shining. Camping makes things be a much slower pace, and that's what I think I really need to relax. Before we got to Maine though, we stopped to see the sites in Boston and meet up with Austin and Sarah Lui. I liked visiting Boston, but I don't think that I'd want to live there. We drove through 10 states...so, we've got New England covered. Next up, the west -but first a mission trip :) Our destination remains unknown, but we're working on it. I really love these beginning years of marriage where we can travel and just hang out with each other. We ended our trip with visiting the parents in Anderson. It was really great to just see and be with our families. Dad wasn't feeling too good, but hopefully he'll get better and be his old self again. *no added emphasis on the old, of course :)* Andy and I both worked on Labor Day, and I just found out that I get to work Labor Day again next year -which means I have all the other holidays off. Even though we're not really excited about starting the work routine again and not seeing each other until the weekends, I do believe that we're glad to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment