Wednesday, January 17, 2007

a lovely little visit..

Andy's birthday is quickly approaching, and as they have done every year his parents made the journey to celebrate his life. It was fun to have people in our home...and we really like our parents, so it's even better to house people that you like. They arrived Sunday afternoon. We didn't do much then, but we went to church on Sunday evening and then ate yummy food at Los Bravos. (I love Los Bravos!) Then, we went home and slept. Monday we ate donuts for breakfast, the boys had some coffee, and we put supper in the crockpot. Then, we headed out for our adventure. First, to a shoe store that Debbie had seen an ad for...Andy came out with a nice pair of casual dress shoes. While we were shopping Tom headed down the street to a music shop to play a banjo. :) Then we decided we needed food. We headed to The Slice, a local pizza place that I really like and then decided we needed ice cream. (for those who are unaware, Andy's family has a thing for ice cream. I don't think I've ever spent time with them when we haven't had ice cream...it's fun :) We ate at baskin robins, and then went to see the new Gateway hospital, Joann's, the USI library, and finally home to eat supper. (yes, we ate often...but I don't think it was a lot...) We had fun hanging out, and talking with each other. Andy opened a few gifts and got a good laugh out of his birthday card. Then, off to bed. Tuesday was sad for two reasons: Andy's parents were leaving, and we both had to go to work. They left fairly early in the morning, and Andy and I stayed up for a little bit and then went back to bed.
Last night was a crazy night of work and tomorrow I have to report early in the morning for jury duty. So, I guess it will be an interesting week. It seems like it's gone by really fast. Now, I'm just waiting for Andy to come home so I can hug him.

Here's a few pictures that Andy took in an attempt to document our time with the parents.

No comments: