Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Just an update
Things have been going okay. Nothing too extraordinary to report. Andy and I were able to take a trip to St. Louis last Saturday to visit Archiver's. It was fun. We also got to see Barb and Grandma and took a little drive to Ted Drewes. This week has just been the normal work week. Tonight was AWANA. I'd talked last week about being a servant and how Jesus showed us an example of being a servant. In May I'm taking the girls to visit several elderly people in the church and I explained that it's just a way to serve. I talked to Dad earlier today to see if he had any other thoughts about serving people in the Bible that I could use for this week. He gave the example of Dorcas. So, I grabbed some "Bible clothes" from the church stash and cut out several small dresses. I told the story of Dorcas...up to how she died. I didn't finish the story and I challenged them to read it on their own. I think that I'll give them a little something if they actually follow through. Anyway, we made magnets with the small dresses to help remind them of ways to serve. I also read them Matthew 25:35 where it talks about feeding the hungry and visiting the sick. I hope that it sticks that they're able to remember it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment