Monday, January 26, 2009

The Baby...

So, I must admit that things didn't go as I expected when we had our ultrasound today. The baby is fine though, and seems to be growing at the correct rate. They estimate that it weighs about 8 ounces...so, I'm carrying around a 1/2 pound baby. I wasn't really impressed with the technician (although the night before I dreamed that Timothy was the technician -which was kind of scary.) Anyway, we chose not to find out the gender of our baby. I have to admit I'm a little curious, but I closed my eyes for that part. The heart, kidneys, spine, brain, stomach, blood flow, etc. all seem to be doing what they should. The baby likes to move a lot and run away from the transducer probe thing that they use. I don't think the baby liked being squished. Anyway, I was expecting 3D images -which didn't happen...and I'm hoping for the CD that was originally promised but I don't have yet. It really just makes me more anxious to see the real baby. Five more months...I think Andy and I will need most of that time to really get ready although I think it would be fun to just have the baby in my arms right now.

1 comment:

Carey said...

yay!! love this!