Friday, March 20, 2009

Something dreadful...

So, I have been working on making a small baby quilt for my soon-to-come child. I was always excited about the fabric at the stores and then questioned my decisions when I got home. Finally, I got the whole quilt pieced together. It took me a long time to get the binding on the sides. Finally, I finished it. A good washing before use seemed like a good idea, so I put it in the washing machine with a bit of fear that all my stitches wouldn't stay. When I pulled it out of the washing machine, my fears were realized. There are three (or so) places where the stitching did not stay. Disappointed and completely distraught describe my feelings well. Although the quilt isn't very big, it took a lot of time, energy, and love to make...and now it seems so sad. Hopefully I can salvage it...perhaps with glue or some fancy patches, or a new "let's put a triangle shape and circle here in the middle".
Humm, anyway. I love the baby, and I love to feel it move, and I love when I can tell that it's just repositioning and not just kicking or stretching. It's rather amazing to think that God decided to let a small human grow inside another. How creative He is.
So, just to prove it was at one time rather nice here is a before picture of the little quilt. Perhaps if/when I fix it I will do a before and after :)

No comments: