Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gwyn is a Fodder :)

So Gwyn, my very best friend for the last 12 years, finally got hitched. I only just met the man this weekend... at the rehearsal. He seems nice, and surely after waiting for so long to find "Mr. Right" she picked a good one. It seems that as soon as Gwyn and I became good friends she has been moving away or I've been going somewhere - Anderson, Bloomington, Evansville, China, and now Arizona. I'm sure her marriage will take her many other places as well since the couple doesn't plan to stay in Arizona after school is over. I'm happy for her, and yet at the wedding I felt a little sadness over just missing girl time. But, stuff happens when you find that amazing boy that you love more than you could have dreamed when you were in high school dreaming along with your girl friends of finding that wonderful guy that would love you. So, some pictures of the day. I came home more exhausted than I could have imagined. With Nora along I ended up waking up at 4:30AM CST (did not go back to sleep) and arrived home around 9:40PM CST. I guess that's not so many hours, but with little sleep the night before it created pure exhaustion and fatigue. I admit I felt a little disappointed that I couldn't be more focused on Gwyn and instead was having to tend to Nora, but again stuff happens when you find that amazing boy who loves you...and you have a family together. I love my family, but having my little baby girl makes things different and some occassions much more difficult to participate in (especially when her Dad has to stay behind and work...how do single moms do it?)




Thanks to parents who made the trip to watch/care for Nora while I was getting ready and during the ceremony. I think it would have been impossible without someone to take over that responsiblity. I hear it was a nice bonding time :)

1 comment:

petite américaine said...

I know it was a long day, but you did great! And so did Nora! :)