mel-an-chol-y [mel-uh n-kol-ee] noun, plural -cholies, adjective
-noun
1. a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2. sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness
-adjective
3. affected with, characterized by, or showing melancholy; mournful; depressed; a melancholy mood
4. causing melancholy or sadness; saddening; a melancholy occassion
5. soberly thoughtful; pensive
---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
I'm not really sure why...I think it's lack of sleep, long hours at work, frustration at work, only being with my family when we're all completely exhausted, and always concerned that Nora is going to be sick again. I'm longing for one day where we all get to stay home with no plans or pressure...how lovely that would be. I think it will be at least another month before that may happen.
Another note: I read a verse this week that keeps sticking in my head: "For this God is our God forever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death." ps 48:14 (the whole chapter is lovely to read)
No comments:
Post a Comment