Daddy read us The Christmas Story from Luke 2. Then we opened our presents. Nora was excited about all the shiny things...it caused her first Christmas injury. She was so excited about all the packages that she lunged from me and hit her eye on the corner of a wrapped gift. She was a little upset but soon a distraction of another gift to unwrap helped her to forget her pain. I love how she wants to rip the bows off all the gifts...and, I love that she laughed and blew bubbles the whole time. I feel like I can hardly wait until she is a bit older and comes running down the stairs to jump in my bed yelling about all the presents that arrived while she was asleep. Today my biggest prayer though is that Nora will be as excited about the little baby born in Bethlehem as she is about the bows, wrapping paper, family time, good food, and gifts. And, I pray that for myself, too.
1 comment:
I know it's late, and I'm sorry I haven't called, but Merry Christmas, Justisons! Love you and hope it was a great one.
Post a Comment