On January 4th Andy took Nora to her 6 month appointment - a well checkup. Last time he did this alone she landed in the hospital, but that was four months ago. We've learned a lot in four months. I had been waiting for this appointment before we started her on any cereal or food. And, I don't know why, but I didn't really want rice cereal to be the first thing besides milk/formula that she ate. At her appointment we learned that our little girl is growing quite nicely...16 pounds and 26 1/4 inches tall. (She's grown 6 inches since she was born...half a foot!!!) So, January 4th for the first time Nora was able to put something in her mouth (and then swallow) besides breastmilk, formula, and medicine. The decision : carrots. She was super-duper excited and didn't have much of a problem learning how to use the spoon. Most of it stayed in her mouth and she ate at least 1/2 of the jar. You should see her eyes now when she sees her little spoon come out. I think she feels grown up...she just wants to be doing what everyone else is doing - very independent. I love her and she's fun.
Next step, green beans. I wonder what she'll think of them :)
1 comment:
what a big girl. :)
Post a Comment