Saturday, September 17, 2011

Growing

So, last weekend Andy and I agreed that we really needed to look for Nora some new shoes. We had some nice ones that were pretty much new, bigger size, etc. that we were given for her and she was wearing them. But it was taking me forever to get her foot in the shoe every time I tried.
When we went to the shoe store, Silas had fallen asleep - like his real nap sleep - so, I ran inside to see if they even had shoes that would work. They did. I grabbed Nora *leaving Andy and Silas in the car* and ran to try on the shoes. They didn't work very well either. So, I finally asked the lady to measure Nora's foot. A 7-71/2. What?!? I'd been trying to cram her foot into a 6 -and that was the bigger size. No wonder she'd been saying her feet hurt.
Well, thankfully we found some shoes that fit, and she is a lot happier about putting her shoes on now. I guess it really helps if they are the right size, huh?
*note, the smaller one in the picture is one that I'd been trying to stuff her foot in, but it's not the great, beautiful, nearly new shoe I was sad to learn she'd grown out of... that one was beautiful and blue

No comments: