Born Thursday, January 17, 2013
12:07 PM
6lbs, 14oz
19 1/4 inches long
I fell in love with her immediately.
It took us forever to decide on her name. We picked it out 2 days before she was born. Where did it come from? How did we pick it?
Originally, I wanted a name that had Biblical roots. I took it from Mary Magdalene, the woman who was forever changed dramatically after meeting Jesus. If you look up the meaning it usually means "Woman of Magdala" or "bright one".
Also, both Andy and I had amazing aunts that left for Heaven last year. Beverly and Anna. Beverly's name was a combination of my great-grandmother's names - Belvia and Lee. If you take the ends of both of our aunts names it is Lena's name. {Lee -na} Perhaps it's a stretch, but it's still part of what I was thinking...
Also, Andy says that the name is just cute :)
Her middle name is Grace. This was never on the list, ever. But, in the end it seemed to fit. And, grace is just that - God giving and blessing us with things that we don't deserve.
We've been praying for her since before she was born, and I'm so thankful to have her in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment