Saturday, April 11, 2015

The 4th Shower

I was afraid of going to the shower.  Excited, but afraid.  Why?  Because I was afraid I couldn't have fun.  School has been demanding, intense, frustrating and hard.  I have several projects, papers, and tests all due very soon.  We also have a presentation tomorrow at church in French.  Everything seems to be piling up quickly and at once.  I want to excel and quit all at the same time.  In the middle of it all, the lovely girls (okay, women) in the Béthel language program wanted to throw me a shower for the coming baby.  (And, I know some of them were having the same workloads that I had.)  I wanted to be in the moment.  And, I was afraid that I would just be wishing I was home studying or working on a paper or thinking about all I really had to do instead of celebrating this little life growing inside me.

But, it was great.  I laughed.  I had fun.  I was able to be

present in the moment, and that was a gift all by itself.

I'm forever grateful for the ladies that have made me feel loved even while I'm far from home.

Home...now, that's another story.

No comments: