I've been thinking all this season that it just hasn't felt like Christmas. I'm not really sure what makes it feel like Christmas, but I think that there's usually that "holiday spirit" that everyone talks about that surrounds you. We have a Christmas tree with packages under it, stockings hung on the mantel, and Christmas cards decorating the living room. Andy and I even watched most of "It's a Wonderful Life" -acutally my first time to view the movie. Tonight Andy and I are going to have our "party". It was a thing that we kind of started last year, and since it was fun we decided to continue it. Tomorrow we leave for Anderson to see the family. Carey and Chris have started traveling, and we're excited to see them. We won't be able to see Jon and Kristine this Christmas, but hopefully next year things will work out. I'm excited for my short reprieve from work...I actually looked into to getting my masters degree at USI, but I'm not sure how that will work out. There's another whole year that's just waiting to be lived out to the fullest...and who knows what kind of adventures it will bring. For all the people who were wished the "joy of Jesus" in a Christmas card (and for those who weren't, too) I hope that's something that you find this year. I hope that His joy fills your heart and you are in awe of what a magnificent gift He has given...
much love, and Merry Christmas :)
amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment