a school nurse. That's the question that I've been asking myself for the last week. I've been trying incredibly hard since May to get a job as a school nurse within the local school system. I was hoping for an elementary job. A couple of weeks ago there was a posting for two high school positions. I wasn't quite sure if that's what I was wanting...high school's not really my forté. I had already applied with the school system, so I went ahead and sent a letter of interest and resumé in and went ahead with my plans to visit Jon, Kris, and Niah in Arkansas (which was wonderful).
While I was gone they called to set up an interview for the following Monday (July 30). I said yes. After talking with them during the interview, I was even more uncertain as to whether or not I should take the job if it was offered. In the mean time, I've been working at the hosptial, and Thursday night I ended up staying three hours late trying to finish up the mess that piled up during my shift. The hosptial is insane, I tell you. Anyway, so today they called and offered me the job....I asked if she needed an answer right away. She said yes, and I said no. I turned it down. I think I feel good about the decision and still amazed that I turned it down. I've been looking on the website to see if they had to re-post it, and there's nothing listed yet which makes me feel some better. I really hope that I've made the right decision.I got to talk to Gwyn, which was wonderful. I love her, and I'm so glad that things are working out for her and I can't wait until I see her again.
And, this weekend -Monday, actually- is mine and Andy's 2 year wedding anniversary :) I'm so excited for the weekend.

1 comment:
I say, kudos to you, Sis! It takes a lot of courage to do what you did. And I enjoyed your visit (though, it could've been longer, but I'll take what I can get). Love ya!
Post a Comment