Monday, June 09, 2008

A Vacation

Our vacation is over, but it was great fun. Just time in the car...talking about all things past, present, and future. It was fairly relaxing with it's share of adventures. The free time was just what I needed. I always come home from vacation wishing for more time. Going to work this morning wasn't too bad, but it would have been great to just have another couple of days back without going to work. Our adventures took us as far north as Wisconsin (where we survived a tumultuous thunderstorm in our little tent). We also visited Missouri, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and back to Indiana. Our exciting highlights include getting "kicked-out" of our tent by a park ranger, hiking a very slippery mountain in flip-flops, watching a huge branch fall and break an electrical line, meeting a very happy dairly farmer, finding Andy's wallet "safe and warm", wading in Lake Michigan, and fantastic sweet tea in Wisconsin. I wish everyone would have as much fun with their spouse as I have with mine. Now, to move on to the next phase of our lives...waiting for summer adventures and thinking of next year's vacation. If only we lived in England...they get a whole month of vacation, right? :)

1 comment:

Carey said...

amanda, you are so pretty.