Andy is nearing the end of his time at WFIE and I feel this sense of sadness. It's very much like that feeling that you get with graduations - how you know that things are changing, a new chapter of your life is starting...and although you're happy to be moving on you're a little sad to say good-bye to things. I'm not sure that Andy shares my feelings, but I really feel like this is time passing by and we've got to capture and celebrate everything. Last night was his last night to be on call. There are only 2 more days that he'll spend at the station. I keep thinking about my last tour of the station, my last time to see him drive the live truck or meet him on location. My last time to watch tv and feel proud that I can tell which video is his. Now, we'll have to get our news like everyone else. I wonder if Andy will still know everyone in town, or if we'll feel like we're lost in this city. I only have 2 more days that we can "do lunch". I feel that there are so many lasts and so many changes. I feel like crying even though I doubt that I can explain my happiness at our chance to be a "normal" couple that does evening things, sleeps at night, and spends weekends with each other and friends.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
a hint of sad
Andy is nearing the end of his time at WFIE and I feel this sense of sadness. It's very much like that feeling that you get with graduations - how you know that things are changing, a new chapter of your life is starting...and although you're happy to be moving on you're a little sad to say good-bye to things. I'm not sure that Andy shares my feelings, but I really feel like this is time passing by and we've got to capture and celebrate everything. Last night was his last night to be on call. There are only 2 more days that he'll spend at the station. I keep thinking about my last tour of the station, my last time to see him drive the live truck or meet him on location. My last time to watch tv and feel proud that I can tell which video is his. Now, we'll have to get our news like everyone else. I wonder if Andy will still know everyone in town, or if we'll feel like we're lost in this city. I only have 2 more days that we can "do lunch". I feel that there are so many lasts and so many changes. I feel like crying even though I doubt that I can explain my happiness at our chance to be a "normal" couple that does evening things, sleeps at night, and spends weekends with each other and friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hiya, sis! Just a short note of encouragemet from your loving brother. I noticed that in the past three blogs the word "sad" popped up. The news about Tim R. is definitely sad, and I many times wonder about the same things you do concerning people I admire from afar but don't actually know (Heath Ledger, for instance). But the WC Handy fest sounds like it was a good pick-me-up and Andy's new job will open up a world of possibilities. Plus, like you wrote, it'll give you both more time to spend with each other and friends. I know some things are sad, like the familiarity of things and leaving people behind, but God always seems to have something better on the way. Just focus on the positive, and count the blessings He's given you. Anywho, that's about it from me. As Tigger says, "TTFN...Ta ta for now!"
Post a Comment