Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ice & snow

I am grateful that I have a job that can close it's doors during bad weather. Our city and county have been placed under a state of emergency. They are reporting over 150,000 people without power in the tri-state. Unfortunately, Andy doesn't have a job like mine. Someone has to be there all the time. We went outside around 6am to try to clean and dig the car out. He finally called to tell them he wouldn't make it by 8am, but that he would get there as soon as he could. We went back out and kept trying. Thankfully, about 3 other guys came out to help us push and pull the car until he finally made it to the main road. Last year I was able to push the car out, but I was more timid with so much pushing and shoveling this year with the pregnancy. I sent him off with a large bowl of chicken stew and got a phone call about 9:30 saying he made it to work. We had very little sleep last night because all the trees around our house kept breaking and landing on our house and in our yard. There's a lot of clean up work to do when the snow and ice leave us. I'm not sure how much longer we are going to have power...it's still on, but several of the wires are torn, ripped, and the box is off the house. Hopefully we can stay warm and happy during the cold snowy weather.

1 comment:

mcmw said...

It does look like a lot of clean up for later but glad that you have a warm home with power at this moment. Glad Andy made it to work safely. Stay safe.