Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Short Sort-Of Date


Some days when it's really beautiful outside and I want to be out instead of in, I really miss the Saturday time with Andy. Andy's last Saturday off was in September. Most of the time it's okay and I get things done while he is gone, but sometimes I wish we could just hang out. (Especially as it gets closer to time for the baby to arrive...I feel like I need to savor and invest a lot of time into our couplehood. Strange, maybe.)
So, today was beautiful and a wonderful day for driving and being outside. I decided that I would get a couple of geocaches ready, meet Andy at work, and then hope that the sun would stay up long enough to actually look for one of them. I arrived at KDL around 6pm, and around 6:10 my husband came waltzing out -and I was very happy to see him. I told him the plan, and he seemed excited.
Our first cache was a Ty Beanie Baby cache. I had secured an unwanted beanie from the upstairs closet and was excited to see what was hidden. We made it to our destination with sunlight still left. We searched for several minutes trying to understand the clue: "Angel" I was certain that someone named Angel had carved her name into a tree and that was the spot. I was wrong. I finally spotted something that was carved but couldn't tell what it was -Andy with his great eyesight and quick feet ran to tell me, "it's an angel!" About 5 minutes later we finally solved the case. It was very ingenious how it was hidden. I left my beanie but didn't take anything. I think it's the most exciting cache I can remember ever hunting and finding.


We had time to do the 2nd one I had planned although the sun was setting quickly. Amazingly, we found that one as well. So, this evening we were 2 for 2. That doesn't happen with us often.
So, it was a little like a date...and I love dating Andy. I'm excited for this weekend because we both have 4 days off in a row and together. It's going to be wonderful -I can feel it!





No comments: