So, a short breakdown of the trip:
1. Sleep in Friday morning (I think we woke up at 7:30 anyway) After hanging around home a bit we started towards Belmont to see the Easter crowd. On the way I went to a scrapbooking rummage sale and then we stopped in Bloomington to eat. We found the Fuller family late Friday night at the cabin -just in time for a cranium game.
2. Saturday at Belmont. Fun Easter activities and our very first ever BABY SHOWER! The theme was Curious George, and the best part was having lots of family and friends around.





3. Left Saturday night and drove to Columbus, Indiana. We stayed in a hotel that I absolutely loved...I think it was the bed that was so wonderful. Went to Easter services at a church that I helped to build several years ago.
3. Left Saturday night and drove to Columbus, Indiana. We stayed in a hotel that I absolutely loved...I think it was the bed that was so wonderful. Went to Easter services at a church that I helped to build several years ago.
4. Left Columbus, ate lunch in Edinburgh, and drove through Cincinnati. We stopped at the William Howard Taft home and got a little history.
5. Left the Taft home and sought out the Creation Museum. I discovered that it was in Kentucky (not Ohio like I thought). We found a place to finally stay in Florence, Kentucky. We drove through the Big Bone Lick State Park, ate at a pretty good barbeque place, and finally found Kroger to purchase and share some cheesecake. (My blood sugars are amazingly good while I'm not at work...it's interesting and strange.)
6. We woke up Monday morning and headed to the Creation Museum -very informative and thought provoking. I ate in Noah's Café (with Andy, of course). We then headed back home.
7. We stopped at the Lincoln living farm in Spencer County, Indiana. We paid to see it, but I'm not sure why. The museum in the state park is really boring. The farm was nice, but I was sad that the lamb wouldn't let me pet it.
8. Andy took a detour home -but we made it to our last birthing/childcare class on time.
9. We attempted to bathe and diaper a baby. We've decided that this will be a fun adventure and are hoping for the survival of this child's first year. (Mostly, we are totally excited about it all -even the crying and sleepless nights.)
10. We finally made it home. I woke up the next morning to my husband singing "Happy Birthday" to me.
11. I went to work to find all the wonderful things my co-workers had for me, answered lots of "we love you" phone calls, ate at Biaggi's Italian Restaurant.
12. Okay, vacation was really over...but I like to pretend that it keeps going.
No comments:
Post a Comment