Living, Loving, and Laughing (with emphasis on the laughing)
So, I had clinical this morning...but I was ready. I stayed up forever last night working on a care plan, got up early enough to work on it for about 20 minutes this morning...yes, I got up before the sun. Anyway, so I got to the hospital -and although I left late (again) I was okay this time because...well, I don't really know why. My poor lady just needed lots of attention. Well, after playing with IV meds, giving tube feedings, and teaching the "chin-tuck" method -which by the way is another funny story I'll have to come back to) I finally left the hospital...about 30 minutes behind everyone else. It's important to understand that I'm not that much slower than everyone else -I'm usually much quicker, it's just that my patient had several more needs and was completely dependant. So, I left the hospital...and right before I got to the exit doors I turned a corner and nearly collided with someone...it just happened to be Andy's dad! What a small little community we have :) Alright, so then I rushed home and somehow ate, changed clothes, checked email, and grabbed all the stuff I needed for school in less than 20 minutes -I'm cool.
So, off to another nursing class. I love the nursing people....at times I despise the work, but I love them...all of them. Anyway, class came and went and then my other class came and went. Then Mary and I decided to go to Doris' softball game...but mary had an appointment with a prof, so Doris and I went to check our mail and play in the nsg lab where Mary was going to meet us. AND DORIS IS SO COOL BECAUSE SHE SENT ME CAMPUS MAIL!!!! Anyway, we goofed off in the lab and waited forever. Finally, we we decided to leave a note for Mary and I took Doris to her apt to change for the game. All this was done really quickly because I was very afraid that Mary would come out and never find us...well, Mary's meeting lasted a little longer than expected, but all went well -I found her and off to the softball game we went...and they won! And did you know it's such a beautiful day outside? 70�, a continual light breeze, and wonderfully happy green grass.
Anyway, so you'd think that'd be the end of such a lovely day but it got better...while I was driving home, I saw Becca running, and so I waved. And she ran by and blew me a kiss...she loves me :) She's a nursing student too...did I say I loved them, because really I love them all...like, even the ones that I never hang out with I love. I think I've somehow managed to bond with everyone...amazing, but I like it.
And can I just say, I'm super-excited about rooming with Mary, Doris, and Tracy next year :) -that and the fact that awana's tonight! Little do they know, they're leader is crazy and extremely hyper...funny since I've had no sugar or caffeine. Maybe I'm just naturally hyperhappy. Who knows?
So, this is it now. I would have blogged later today, but there's stuff to do and I have clinical again tomorrow morning -way earlier than I want to believe. I'm going to have to read the schedule again. Maybe I was wrong the first time...or, maybe it's wrong. Probably not. Oh well...it was a happy thought while it lasted. I'm going now... I think that I'll find some food, I'm kind of hungry :)
No comments:
Post a Comment