Monday, April 07, 2003

Umm...right

okay...so I was up pretty early today considering it was my "day to sleep in" -9am I once again found myself begging Mary and Dorito to let me inside their apartment. Well, it didn't take much begging...and for 3 more hours we studied again -it was essential to get a good grade on this test...definitely of utmost importance. So, we filled our minds with all this nursing stuff -which might in the long run make us smarter, but on the onset just stresses us out. For lunch we had yummy soup, and off we walked to the classroom where the torture was to take place....HARTUNG 365....the dreaded room. (I think that I spend more time in that classroom than I do sleeping) Anyway, so the test was passed out. I requested that a Psalm be read from our paraphrase book before we began -my anxiety level was probably the highest it had ever been for any test, and I'm not quite sure why. So, the prof obliged and read a Psalm -I think it was Psalm 8, but I can't be sure. So the test was taken...and it took me the entire allotted time...and then I had rlgn class immediately following. That was boring, but okay. Then Dorito and I headed for the bod and library -we of coursed stopped by the bathroom to have a breakdown though. You know, sometimes things just don't go like you'd want them to -and the test was one of those...after more than 12 hours of studying, you couldn't even tell...nothing to prove our hard work. That's just bad. Anyway, I feel that I took it better than most -I believe that's mostly due to the overwhelming amount of things I have to complete before the end of the week. I'm sure to be insane by the time Friday night arrives...I made out a chart with the days/hours on it. There are only two hours on Friday that I don't have something scheduled in...crazy, and I'm not sure how I'll make it. Lot's of emotional support -hugs and happy words...and probably more hugs, lots of prayer, and endurance of the highest level--and of course, the mind set that I'm doing this because it's what I feel that I can do to help missionary excursions in the future -God has a plan and He will hold my hand through all the stressfulness I have to deal with...and even though it's a lot to do, there are people out there that need more help, love, and support than me. I hate how anxiety pushes us into a corner where we become so selfish, where all we can think about it ourselves, and all we are concerned about is if we will get everything done.
Alright, so this isn't a very positive blog...and I'm sorry. I'm not bitter, sad, depressed, angry, or even really upset. I'm merely stressed right now...this to shall pass (with/without diuretics) and I will be okay..."He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouts of joy." -Job 8:21

No comments: